Monday, November 19, 2007

Pumpkin Rolls

This weekend Michelle came over and watched Thomas so Michael and I could go to the football game. (Thanks again Michelle.) Go utes!! We have some fun pictures coming our way from the game as soon as my friend emails them to me, (cause oops, we forgot our camera.) Anyway, when we got home Michelle decided to teach us how to make delicious pumkin rolls.


They turned out really yummy!! Michael accidently dropped one of the pans on the floor, but don't worry... Lizzy helped clean it up. What a great helper!!

My neighbor, Aubree actually made a switch with us. She made us an entire pumpkin pie and we gave her some pumpkin rolls. (Thanks Aubree!) It was a pumkin weekend. I can't wait for Thanksgiving dinner, I bet there will be a real treat. And thanks to my new wonderful job I will get to enjoy all of Thanksgiving day and be conscious for it too!! I can't wait. It'll be the first time in years. Nurses really get the brunt of all holidays, ya know?

By the way, Thomas likes to cook too!! He's especially good at eating the food. :0)

Here's the recipe straight from Deanne's kitchen:

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

-Cream together (3 eggs, 1 c. sugar)

-add 3/4 c. pumpkin

-stir dry mixture in (3/4 c. flour, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp. nutmeg, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt)

-Mix well and spread flat onto cookie sheet (put wax paper on cookie sheet)

-cook for 15min @ 350 degrees

-spread powder sugar onto flat dish towel, then when done cooking put pumkin spread upside down onto dishtowel

-take wax paper off if stuck and roll the pumpkin spread up in the dish towel while it is still hot and let cool for 30 min or (place in fridge to cool if you're impatient like me)

-while cooling make frosting: (whip 8oz cream cheese & 1/4c. butter, then add 1c. powder sugar and 1 tsp vanilla)

-unroll dishtowel and spread frosting onto pumkin spread. Then roll up into a delicious pumkin roll.

Try it! I promise you'll like it!


2 comments:

Amber said...

How bout you just make me some and bring them down!!! Actually I love punkin rolls. I think I will try to make them tomorrow!!

Michelle said...

That was a fun night! I am glad I could make those with you guys and watch Thomas...all in the same day! Cool!