Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Gum

I'm at work right now, so I won't write too much. I'm depositing a monolayer of lipids at the moment, and all I can do right now is wait for the machine to pull the prism out of the water, so I thought I'd post a few thoughts.

I watched Thomas during the day yesterday while Aubree was at work. I really enjoy spending the day with him. We were able to meet Grandpa Cooper for lunch at Brookside Broiler. It was nice to see Grandpa and to eat some good food. Thomas was flirting with the waitress. He does that a lot. He sure seems to get a lot of attention. How could he not with Aubree's good looks? His personality isn't too shabby, either.

We had a little outing as a family after Aubree got home from work. She left something at work, so we drove there together to pick it up. Even Lizzy got to come. In fact, Princess Lizzy got shotgun. On the way home, we went to the store to pick up some needed items. It was nice to go to the store together. Since Thomas was born, I think that we've gone to the grocery store together twice now. I could be mistaken in that, but that's the number for at least the last couple months. It may sound weird, but I enjoy going to the store together. We're able to talk, and to be honest, I attempt some humor with whatever inspiration I find at the store. As we were checking out, I tried to sneak a pack of gum into our pile. I was caught, but Aubree let it slide. When we got home, I opened the gum and took more notice of the name. It's Orbit gum, and this particular flavor is called Crystal Mint. I think they were going for a frosty, cold type of imagery, but what actually came to mind when I looked closer at the name was crystal meth. It's just too close. They should have thought more about that when they chose a name. Who knows, Frosty Mint?

1 comments:

Amber said...

I love going to the store period... I don't know why but any outing to the store is an adventure. And you observe the strangest things! But I like that about you.