Before we went to the football game yesterday, I finished putting the Christmas lights on our house. Well, I'm almost done. We're going to put lights up in the windows, but we'll do that tomorrow when we buy a real live Christmas tree because the lights are connected. Aubree's really excited to have a real tree this year. I also might add some more colored lights to the porch railings. We'll see.
I finished just in time to get ready for the football game. Thomas went to his Great Aunt Michelle's house. He was really excited for the game. He was decked out in all of his Utah gear.
The game was really exciting. Things didn't go our way. The two pass interference calls during BYU's winning drive were unfortunate. We were sitting near the top at the other end of the field, so it was hard to tell what really happened. However, the BYU fans seemed just as surprised that the second PI went their way. Utah fans can complain about those calls all they want, but really, we could have ended the game when BYU had a 4th and 18 during that same drive. Growing up, I didn't really care much about the BYU-Utah game because I was an Aggie fan. The first rivalry game I went to was in 2000. It was Lavell Edward's last game. In that game, the Utes were up near the end of the game. BYU had the ball last and ultimately won the game. The Utes could have ended that game when BYU had a 4th and 25. I don't particularly like this pattern. Oh well.
Tonight, we made some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I realized tonight that when I have oatmeal cookies, I prefer them with raisins. I like chocolate chip cookies, but without oatmeal. That said, I'm not exactly gagging as I down way too many cookies. I also think I might be going blind. We asked a neighbor for some eggs because I overlooked them in the fridge. I was also going to make regular chocolate chip cookies because I overlooked the carton of oatmeal until I was part of the way through the recipe. I'll keep you updated. Hopefully I don't go completely blind.
After we finished baking the cookies, we went to Temple Square to see the lights. I wanted to see what it looks like when professionals do it. They were gorgeous. I'll let the pictures do the talking. Let me just say that Thomas was really cute. He could barely move with so many layers and blankets. He eventually did find a way to kick his feet out from under the blanket so he could put them against his stroller tray. He likes to put his feet against things. It's kind of funny.









4 weeks ago

3 comments:
You did a fabulous job with the lights, Michael. Do you want to come and hang ours too? Just kidding. Aubree would never let you on our roof, the pitch is too steep. I remember taking Aubree to see the lights on her first Christmas season. It's really fun to see the reaction that babies have to all of the twinkling colors. I'm so happy to see Thomas in the afghan that I made him. I hope it kept him cozy warm. Love to you all.
Don't complain about the game... we won fair and square, just as it should have been :) The lights looked like tons of fun! I can't wait to go see them myself. I hope I find some time to do that! Loves... muah!
OHMYHECK! Those pictures are so cute! I love you guys!
Post a Comment