Monday, March 31, 2008

A weekend at the cabin-- updated with movies!!

My little man is sick again with the flu and the runs. It's no fun watching your child be sick. It's especially disheartening because he just got over a four day flu 2 weeks ago. Isn't it somebody else's turn? I hope he gets better soon.

Anyhow, our friends Laura and Andrew, invited us to spend the weekend with them at their cabin. It was so fun to just get away for the weekend (even if we did have sick baby the last day.) Thomas and I went up with them Friday evening and Michael came up on Saturday after he came back from St. Louis.

The snow was 6 ft high in some parts. We couldn't even drive our cars all the way up to the cabin. We parked in this parking lot and drove the rest of the way up on snowmobiles. Thomas really enjoyed it... it was like a lullaby to him between the bumps and the humm of the motor he went straight to sleep. We went sledding and tubing, snow mobiling, watched movies, played games and alot of other fun things. I really enjoyed myself. Here is a slide show from our weekend.

(Most of the pics were before Thomas got sick.)



4 comments:

mckenna said...

I'm sure Jack's explosion at lunch was the beginning of it all! I'm so sorry! I can't believe we got poor Thomas sick. You are never going to want to do lunch again. I hope you got to enjoy some of your weekend, even with your sick baby.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time. It was fun to see Thomas enjoying himself outside in the snow. I'm so sad that he got sick again though. Keep posting the darling pics. Love ya

Amber said...

I love seeing Tank in his snow suit! I want to take him down the mountain in a sled!! Speaking of sled, that one you have looks strangely familiar!

Anonymous said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! awewome pics! Michael, I'm a little surprised you didn't give Thomas your hand-me-down plastic bags for his feet. :)