Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Scholarship

I am so excited!!! I have kind of taken the back seat with all of Michael's law school decision making, etc... But today Michael got an envelope in the mail from Washing University-St. Louis and I couldn't help but open it. He received a $90,000 scholarship from them that he has to respond to by March 25th. I was really excited about it for some reason. St. Louis seemed to really fit in with our family for me. I felt peace when I thought about moving there. Which is alot different then the fear and anxiety I felt when he talked about moving to D.C. or New York City... not to say that we're at all ruling those cities and schools out, cause we're not. I just feel really good about St. Louis.

I looked up alot of things about the school and city which I haven't done for any other city. Here are few stats for ya...

1) The law school is really cool looking... it looks like a castle!
2) It's right by a large park, which has a large (free) zoo in it!! I love parks!!
3) I would love to live in a neighborhood called Dog Town... feel free to look it up.
4) They have great patent law clinics for Michael during the 2nd and 3rd years
5) Tuition is about 39,500 per year... so we would be about 30,000 dollars in debt when we finished if we didn't pay anything along the way.
6) It's about 18hours and 45minute driving distance from Salt Lake City
7) It's one of the top 10 dog friendly cities in America- Yay for Lizzy!
8) Rent for a 2-3 bedroom apartment or house is anywhere from $500-$1500 dollars
9) There is a metro that goes straight from the airport to W.U.
10) It's very beautiful and green from all the pictures I've seen

You probably don't care about any of that... but I was very excited. You could call this the "Honey Moon Stage" for me and St. Louis and all my excitement will die down soon... but for me I'm very excited. We'll see what happens.

Congratulations Michael!! You are the best!!

0 comments: