Thursday, May 1, 2008

(Almost) Weekend Update

Neither Aubree nor I have posted in a few days. We were talking about that today, and decided that there hasn't been a lot to blog about. We've been busy with work and school. But, I have a few things I'll share.

First, I've decided it's time for me to be better about going to the gym. I'd like to say that my motivation came from deep down. I guess, in a way, it has. From deep within my belly, that is. I've been getting fatter. I've known this. When we bought me some new jeans a month or two ago, I had to get a size bigger than I was used to. That really bothered me, but it still didn't push me over the edge towards consistent exercise. This past Sunday, though, I was getting ready for church. The two pair of pants that I usually wear were quite dirty (thanks to a messy little one year old.) So, I went to put on an older pair of pants, and it was a struggle to do them up. Long story short, my disgust with myself finally got to the point of action. I've gotten up every day this week somewhere between 4:45 and about 6:00 to go to the gym. I've been getting tired early at night, but it's been great. This morning was in vain, though. I got up at 4:45 so that I could get to the gym when it opened at 5:00. I had to be back in time for Aubree to go to work, hence the early (unearthly) hour. While I was driving up 21st south, there were some blocks without power while others had it. The lights were off between 5th and 7th east. Then they were on between 7th and 9th. But, the were off from 9th towards the east. So, the gym was without power. It was really frustrating to have dragged myself out of bed and not be able to accomplish what I wanted to accomplish. Getting out of bed is the hardest part, and after overcoming that obstacle, just to be thwarted by spotty power, was very frustrating. Tomorrow is another day, hopefully with electricity.

Oh, and graduation is tomorrow (but I don't actually finish until the end of the summer.)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Good job and exercising!! They say that if you do something consistently for ten days, it becomes a habbit. The first ten days are the roughest... then it gets easier. I love getting up early and running- you feel so good all day long and then you don't have to come home and put yourself through an exercise routine when you're tired from the day! Good luck. And congrats on graduating yesterday. I really liked your shirt :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go about the gym. I know what you mean about getting tired at night...can't burn the candle at both ends!

I was going to go to the gym the day the power was out too. Instead I ran outside. It was great, but I was late for school. The sad thing is that I didn't really care! I guess that is what running does to you...it makes big stuff seem a bit smaller.

I loved seeing you walk yesterday at your graduation. Way to go! I am so proud of you.