Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So, I did it again...

I dropped Michael off to get his hair cut tonight with the intention of going to Hogi Yogi while we were waiting for him and getting a frozen yogurt because I was really craving chocolate frozen yogurt with oreos. Well, on my way up to Hogi Yogi I noticed that in front of Smith's grocery store there were PUPPIES FOR SALE! And they looked really cute and cuddly and I thought Lizzy sure has been lonely since her friends, Hank and Penny moved... I think Lizzy needs a friend. Soooo, I pulled over and Thomas and I inspected the puppies. There were two tan girls and one brindle boy. I thought I would stick to what I knew in the dog department, GIRLS, so we got a girl. She doesn't have a name yet. So, any suggestions are welcome. She is a mutt. Part pitbull terrior and part great dane. And let me just tell you, she is a LOVER!! Thomas took to her quickly and the puppy to him. She was licking his feet and he was nuzzling his head into her. It was TOO cute!! She fell asleep in Michael's lap. Lizzy is still getting use to the idea. She plays with her, but I think she is a little jealous and unsure.n Anyways, here are some pictures of our night. Our little family has grown to five.

P.S. That really is Lizzy, she got her summer shave!!

9 comments:

journeytojohanssontown said...

You are a nut, what happened to dog number two that you bought last year?

Semi Granola Mom said...

She looks like a Molly...yes? Lizzie and Molly has a nice ring to it.

Breeann said...

You are crazy! We are just phasing out of the puppy stage with Gizmo (hopefully) and I don't want to do it again - ever! Plus I think my husband would kill me. Good luck and I agree I think Molly has a nice ring to it.

Todd & Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh I am so jealous. What a cutie!!! Just last week i went to the shelter bc I wanted to rescue this little jack russell (bare in mind our pup is only 4 months old). I don't think you're crazy at all! If we weren't going to live in my sister's basement apt (my sister who hates dogs) I totally would have bought another dog! I'd have about five if I could. Oh, and I just love mutts! Good for you for acting on your impulses! Lizzie will love her (I've heard it takes about 6 months for them to become full on friends). I wish we weren't moving in two days so our pups could play. Anyway, best of luck, how fun.

Amber said...

Oh my gosh! She is so cute! I think you should call her Logan because two of your favorite sisters are going to be in Logan while you are gone in St. Lewis!! That way, you will always remember us when you call her name!

Anonymous said...

Lizzy and Logan.....It will definitely be lively, loud, and looney.....with lots of licking. Ha! ;)

Michelle said...

OHMYHECK! One time I went to the grocery store and someone was selling kittens. I wanted one badly! They were so cute; then I remembered I don't like cats! So, I am glad your experience worked out so well! What a cute dog! Does Thomas steal her bone yet? I think it is hilarious when Thomas takes Lizzy's bone.

The Teeples Times said...

Thomas looks so darling playing with his new friend. What a lucky kid to have two best friends at home. What a nice husband Michael is!! How are you guys doing?

The Teeples Times said...

Thomas looks so darling playing with his new friend. What a lucky kid to have two best friends at home. What a nice husband Michael is!! How are you guys doing?