Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hat Boy and the Cuddle Slut (not related)

When we went to Cabo during the holidays, Thomas was great about wearing his little hat to prevent sunburn. Since then, though, he hasn't really let us put hats or sunglasses on him. Until now. A couple of days ago, Aubree sent me a picture message of Thomas wearing one of my hats as he played around the house. It was really cute. Yesterday was a work day around our house. Aubree went to work for a little while, but they didn't need her, so they sent her home. That allowed us to get a lot of stuff done around the house. I had to go to Home Depot to get some stuff, and I threw on a hat because I hadn't gotten ready for the day. Thomas saw this, and I don't know if it's because of it, but he decided he wanted to wear his hat. Throughout the day, he couldn't do anything without his hat. He would throw a tantrum if his hat fell off and we tried to take him somewhere. We couldn't even change a diaper without his hat. This morning, the first thing he wanted to do, even before he got his diaper changed, was to put his hat on. He saw it on top of his chest of drawers and couldn't do without it. Here are some picture of the most adorable boy ever. He was also very helpful throughout our work day.








In other news, our new puppy, Molly, is a cuddle slut. Excuse my language, but it's definitely warranted. Whenever Molly sees you, she'll come up to you, and if given the chance, will try and climb in your lap to cuddle. After I got home from church today, I put Thomas down for a nap, and then I sat down on our couch to read. Molly immediately came up to me and tried to climb up. She couldn't quite do it by herself, so I helped her up and she went to sleep in my lap while I was reading. Not to be outdone, Lizzy also came over and fell asleep at my feet. Aubree got home soon afterwards, and for some reason, we ended up sitting on the kitchen floor. First, Lizzy and Molly laid down together and were cuddling. I got the camera out to take a picture, but Molly was distracted by it, and started to walk over. She immediately tried to climb into Aubree's lap, where she cuddled herself to sleep. A deep sleep, I might add. She kind of has a snoring problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Thomas enjoys wearing his hat so much. That kid is definitely ALL BOY! I loved the pictures of him in the tool box. He will be helping Michael around the house and yard in no time! The picture of you is cute too, Aubree. Your yard is looking really nice. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Thomas has to be the cutest little boy ever! He looks too grown up in that hat and holding the tools. Great pics!!