Michael and I had about a day and a half to get everything done that we wanted too. I went and saw the house we may move into, and then we went to the park where the free St. Louis ZOO is located. It was alot of fun. I love free things!! The zoo was really great too. I know Thomas liked it. We stopped by and got some highly recommended custard prior to going to the zoo which was delicious, however, I can't remember the name of it.
We fought our way through all of the Cardinal fans (there were many) and went and saw the arch in all of it's glory. They have elevator rides up to the top of the arch. But we did not participate because I am WAY to clautrophobic for anything like that.
We then went to Fittz Restaurant where they brew the best ROOT BEER ever!! It was so yummy. They make the rootbeer right in front of you behind some glass at the restaurant, kind of like Krispy Kreme donuts. At least that's what it reminds me of...
We circled "the loop," a popular area of town with fun shops and restaurants and then went swimming at the hotel!! Wahoo!!
The next morning we went to the temple... very beautiful! I decided I liked the city, but I would sure still miss home.


7 comments:
The name of the custard place is Ted Drewes, it is the best custard, we always go there when we would visit my sister-in-law, whose house Aubree and her family would likely move into when they move the end of June. St Louis is a great place. Good Luck!
How sad that you'll be moving away! But how fun?! I have family that lives there and they love it! Maybe I'll come visit them and drop in on you!
It sounds amazing and I totally want to go to that root beer place and have a rootbeer float! I can't wait to come and visit you!!
Wow sorry for my late response but congrats on making such a big decision! I have not doubt you'll love it in St. Louis. It's such a great city. My sis moved to Boston while her husband went to Harvard for 2 years and it was hard at first but she now says it was one of the best times of their lives. Best wishes! Oh, and Thomas is so cute at his first b-day!!
Hey Aub, i'm excited for you. I like St. Louis. I spent a couple months out there my first summer back from the mish. Fun stuff. I lived out in U city. Im sure you'll love it out there.
Okay, so I'm new to this blog thing, so I am a little behind. What? You're moving? St. Louis, Missouri? What happened to back east by us? I am so excited for you, I am guessing this is for medical school. Congrats, congrats!!!! Good Luck! Tad & Melanie
Aubree!! It's me anna howe now southam, but anyway how are you!! I see you went to st. louis! I went there last year cause my husband had some work to do there and he went there on his mission too. TED DREWS is AWESOME!! I saw that aaron wrote something about that and I totally agree it is the best place ever, if you ever go back you need to go there. I am so glad I found your blog while looking at Brianne's!
Post a Comment