Thursday, April 17, 2008

Best Birthday Ever!

I see that Aubree had a few minutes at work and beat me to the post. Yesterday was one of the best birthdays I've ever had. We met with a realtor in the morning to start the process of selling our house. That was kind of depressing, but I'm excited for the next phase of our lives. After that, I went to work. Coincidentally, my mom and Maddie were on campus for state history fair. Maddie had a group presentation. I wasn't able to see her perform, but I heard they did great. I was able, however, to meet them for lunch at the student union in a restaurant on the fourth floor called the Crimson View. I've been going to the U for 6 years now, and I had no idea this place existed. So, thank you Maddie and mom for finding it and giving me a nice birthday lunch.

Later in the day at work, my coworkers got a cake for me. I was working in my office at my computer when my boss came in (and quite startled me,) and asked me to come and help him with something. I didn't suspect anything at first, but once we started walking, I knew what was up. We've done this with other group members. Nonetheless, it was really nice of them.

I came home from work, and was expecting to go out to dinner with Aubree and then maybe to a movie. She told me that Amber was watching Thomas for the evening. I was quite excited for the night. I asked her where we were going, and she told me TGIFridays. We walked in, and she said to the hostess, "Michael Cooper for 2." I just thought that she got a reservation, and maybe had something special put on the table. I still didn't suspect anything until we got closer, and I saw Michelle and Amber. As we turned the corner, I saw all of my siblings and my friends. They yelled "surprise," and that's exactly what I was, surprised. I had no idea. We had a great dinner, and things couldn't have gone better.

I have the best wife in the world. Thank you so much for yesterday, honey! It was fantastic.

Best! Birthday! Ever!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Michael! Sorry we missed out on all the fun. Sounds like you had a blast though.