Wednesday, April 9, 2008

D&C: 59; my answer

I'm not sure if this appropriate, but I thought it was pretty cool, and I wanted everyone to kind of have an understanding to the reason I at least decided to move to St. Louis, MO. While fasting, I prayed that I would be able to have a clear answer to my question... "where should I go?" I then randomly opened up my scriptures and started reading. And this is what I read: D&C: 59

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, in Zion, Jackson County, Missouri, August 7, 1831. HC 1: 196–201. Preceding his record of this revelation, the Prophet writes descriptively of the land of Zion wherein the people were then assembled. The land was consecrated, as the Lord had directed, and the site for the future temple was dedicated. The Lord makes these commandments especially applicable to the saints in Zion.

1 Behold, blessed, saith the Lord, are they who have come up unto this land with an eye single to my glory, according to my commandments.

2 For those that live shall inherit the earth, and those that die shall rest from all their labors, and their works shall follow them; and they shall receive a crown in the mansions of my Father, which I have prepared for them.

3 Yea, blessed are they whose feet stand upon the land of Zion, who have obeyed my gospel; for they shall receive for their reward the good things of the earth, and it shall bring forth in its strength.

... I can't really argue with that!! I guess we are to move to Zion. I just think I couldn't opened to anywhere in my quad addition scriptures, but that is what He wanted me to read at that time.

So, St. Louis it is.
It just feels right. Not the answer I really wanted in all truthfullness. I am quite content here in my little house in Salt Lake, but I guess new challenges are to be mine in Missouri.

So, that is the end of my story. Wish us luck and say good bye, because us Coopers and soon going to fly!!

Hee hee!! I love rhyming!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aubree,
Wow...is all I can say. You are an amazing woman. It is so difficult to do something uncomfortable. We will sorely miss you, but hope that your lives will be enriched. I love you all.

Amber said...

You're moving... good choice. Not that I won't miss you or tank or michael or anything, but it is definitely a good choice for you guys. I'm glad you finally made the decision and I am so happy for you and your family. I love you guys!

Anonymous said...

When you told me last night that your decision was to go to Missouri, I felt like you had made the right decision and like I told you then, I understand how difficult it is, but you will grow in so many ways that it will be worth it. We will miss you all like crazy but will visit as often as you will have any of us. I am proud of you and Michael. He has a wonderful opportunity at WashU. It will always mean so much to him that you were so supportive. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

PS I love the way that you found your answer!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and goodbye!!!
Love ya!

journeytojohanssontown said...

I am super sad. I always knew this day was coming, is it wierd that even though we only see each other every few months I will feel so sad that you are far away. Mckenna is moving at the end of the month and wants to do lunch I said next wednesday the 16th. Is that okay with you. I still need to know how to add people to my blog.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you guys are moving! but you guys will have a great time there. adn it will be a great experience. I LOVE YOU!!!!

/Maddie