Monday, August 24, 2009

The Butterfly House a Park and a Carousel

For another activity during our staycation, we went to the Butterfly House in West St. Louis County. The Butterfly House is exactly what the name says. It's an enclosed ecosystem housing thousands of butterflies. You can see it on the left in this picture.


Inside, they have some exhibits about all kinds of bugs, and then you enter the conservatory where all of the butterflies are. Thomas enjoyed looking at all of the butterflies and bugs. Aubree had him saying, "eww" when he saw bugs. I had him saying, "cool" by the end.

Once we passed through two sets of doors (to ensure the butterflies don't escape), we were surrounded by butterflies of all types. We got a couple of good pictures, but they don't do the place justice. It's really hard to get pictures of moving butterflies. It was really gorgeous and we had a lot of fun.







After we left the Butterfly House, we went across the parking lot to a carousel.
After the carousel, we walked over to the playground. It was a nice playground with lots of kids for Thomas to play with.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cool place! (Yes, I am going to comment on every post. I have a lot to say.) I love how Thomas played with those other kids he didn't even know. What a stud.

Lindsay said...

Aaron and I went there when my sister lived in St. Louis and it was really fun! Except for a giant glass case of cockroaches. Ick!

Mom T said...

You two are giving your son a great education already! (and he just thinks he's having fun ;) I love seeing him learn and grow...even if it's only through pictures. You are great parents. Way to go!

Amber said...

Aubree. Look at Tank's baby pictures and pictures of my little Slink Doggy Dog... they look almost the exact same! Maybe he'll look like Tank when he's two too! Cool butterflies by the way. Love them.

Todd & Chelsea said...

Loving all the new updates. Yay for staycations! And I'm sorry but the lie story is quite hilarious!!

The Teeples Times said...

I love your stay-cation idea. Looks like you've seen a lot of sites. The cave looks really cool. I love butterflies and would've loved that part too. We need to come to your part of the woods and do a "stay-cation" with you. I too loved the lie - kids these days...geez...too smart for us!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Thanks for always being interested in my pregnant stories! I have NO plans of induction. I don't want one at all bc of my giant fear of c section and bc I don't want to be in the hospital and just starting labor...do you think i should though?? Like bc she could get too big? I have not choice at 41 weeks but I want to wait until then. Tell me what you think! (and add any other advise you have).