Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I think I have a warped perspective on weather. Growing up in the desert hasn't prepared me for rain storms. The remnants of Hurrican Ike passed right over St. Louis early this morning. Unfortunately, it passed over us right when Aubree was driving home from work. I've never seen so much rain. This was even worse than when the remnants of Hurrican Gustav passed over a week ago. As I say all of this, I realize that what we experienced is minimal to the devastation on the gulf coast. I've realized that I never want to live in hurricane alley. No thank you.

I took this video on our camera. You can't really see how hard it's raining, but the river of water coming from our neighbor's yard is indicative of the intensity.



Update: I guess this was bad for St. Louis, as well.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

at least your house hasn't washed away! I actually love the rain- after being raised in seattle and then moving to a desert you kind of miss it!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Aubree made it home through that rain storm. I'm sure that wasn't a relazing drive.

Angela Montgomery said...

Looks like yougot more rain than we did here in Texas! I think we didn't get it as bad cuz the eye went right over us but actually I don't know anything about this kind of crazy weather. Our spare bedroom DOES get flooded whenever we get a good rain. Luckily it wasn't as much as we've had on a "regular" rain storm. So far I like the rain here. The thunder and lighting is AWESOME. Never heard it so loud! Some trees fell over here and it sounded like gun shots. Glad ur ok and hope ur basement didn't flood.

Amber said...

Yikes! I am glad that you are not drowning! I hope things clear up soon.

Amber said...

Yikes! I am glad that you are not drowning! I hope things clear up soon.