Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mommy Read!!

Lately I hear, "Mommy read" a bazillion times a day. All this little kid wants to do is have me read him books. It's super cute and can get super exhausting... especially after 2 hours of "mommy reading" to him and he still wants more. The other day I was watching 3 little girls and I had them all downstairs with the toys so I could keep an eye on them. At one point I looked around and Thomas wasn't there, so I went up stairs and found him in surrounded with books in his room reading. Man, this kid loves his books.I went shopping today at the mall to get some Cardinal attire, we are going to our first game as a family this Monday and we have to have the appropriate attire. We're trying to fit in here, EVERYONE is big "Cards" fans. So, it should be fun. I got all three boys and myself a shirt. I also decided to get Thomas a hat so his little buzzed head doesn't get fried. They were also too cute I could resist.

I came home tonight right before bed and he immediately put it on. He didn't even want to take it off to go to bed. So here's some pics of my little Cards fan with his hat on!! Sorry Grandpa Phil, you Cubbie fans are in for it!!

P.S. I walked past the bookstore on my way out of the mall and decided I also had to get Thomas some new books since he's become such a reader. He's probably read all the books we have a few hundred times. :0) I don't know what he was more excited for; the books or the hat. It was a pretty good tie.

9 comments:

The Teeples Times said...

We need to swap books. I am so tired of reading our books too!! That is awesome that he loves books, he will be smart just like you and Michael! I love your earlier post where Thomas and Henry are in matching red striped shirts - they look so much alike - WOW!! Love the shot with the Easter Bunny - what a cute kid Thomas is!!

Todd & Chelsea said...

The bad economy looks good on Thomas! He looks like such a big kid w/ that cut...so cute. My neice sounds like Thomas...big reader. I think he'll be super smart which means you'll have your hands full (they know how to trick you)! A little doctor in the making:)
p.s. thanks for your kind words of support. They always make me feel better. I am secrety hoping for a boy!! I agree, they are so fun (Todd is not-so secretly hoping for a boy)

Angela Montgomery said...

He's so smart, just like his mom & dad!

mckenna said...

How funny! Jack's in a similar stage with books right now. Sometimes it's so much fun and other times it drives me insane because I can't get anything done!! Ah, motherhood. :)

journeytojohanssontown said...

you should join the children book of the month club it is a great way to get a lot of bood without spending a ton.

Aunt Maddie said...

Oh my stinking heck. I thought I was going to die when I saw those pictures!!! What studly little men. I am so lucky to have the cutest nephews. (and brother and sister. don't worry I didn't forget about you guys :)
Love you guys a ton!!

Mom T said...

I'm glad that Thomas likes his books. I know that it gets old after a while, but you will look back and be glad that you had all that time with him on your lap sharing books together in a few years when he feels like he's too big and has too much energy to rock with a story. I know I sound nostalgic, but it's true. Enjoy! Love and miss you all. Also, enjoy your game together on Monday! Go Cardinals!!

Amber said...

I would totally read to the little dude all day long if I could. Please move back!!

Hillary said...

Your boys are getting so big and oh they are so cute!