Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Thomas!!

Well, I am officially the worst mother ever! Today is my little boy's 2nd birthday. Which I can't even believe that he already 2 and that I have a 2 year old. The sound of that is just crazy! Anyways, several months ago I thought it would be alright to schedule his pediatrician well-check up right on his birthday.

I wasn't thinking that he would be poked and prodded by the doctor and nurses on his birthday. I wasn't thinking that he hates the doctor's office. I wasn't thinking that he was probably going to receive several shots on his birthday. (Worst mom ever!) If that isn't enough; I was holding Henry at the doctor's office while the doctor was listening to his lungs because he's had a bad cough; and Thomas fell and hit his head really hard on a wooden chair. The fall caused a huge purple bump on the back of his head immediately and scimmed up his chin. It was bad enough that the doctor thought it was necessary to check his ears for blood. Which thankfully, there wasn't any of, but still. Worst mom ever!! :0(

We then took the boys to get their pictures taken. I made him sit through a 45 minute photo shoot on his birthday, which of course he hated by the end. The pictures went from great to bad to worse. :0)

Michael and I then took Thomas to Chuck E. Cheese where he inhaled 3 pieces of pizza, and had lots of fun playing basketball and riding rides.

He received lots of fun things from family. His favorite, however, is the plastic slide Michael and I got him. He went up and down that forever tonight.

After Chuck E. Cheese we came home and had cake and ice cream. He got to stay up till after 10pm, lucky boy!

Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you...Getting ready to blow out the candle.
Singing happy Birthday...
Diggin in!

Yum Yum!

"Is my brother really getting that dirty?"
"All done! That was good!"

Thomas you make our lives so complete. We can't wait to wake up in the morning to see what our sweet boy is going to do and learn. Thank you for the kisses and hugs. Thank you for telling me "Bless you" when I sneeze. Thanks for crawling into bed with me after you've climbed out of yours and snuggling. Thanks for making sure your little brother always has plenty of blankets and toys. Thanks for helping us remember to pray. Thanks for being you! You are already a example to us in so many ways. You make our life so rich. We love you!!



P.S. This picture is for Grandpa Cooper! PEEPS...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so funny! I think you totally made it up to him by taking him to chuck e cheese! Way cute cake pics!

Amber said...

How sad!! That's terrible that he had shots on his birthday! But it seems like he didn't mind when he got that chocolate cake in front of him. Love it.

Mom T said...

Thank you for letting me skype with you while he was eating his cake. I loved it. And Henry just doesn't know what to make of it all. You are not the worst mother ever. You are a terrific mom! He loves you. Everyone can see that!

mckenna said...

The beginning of your day is so sad!! Poor kid! And poor you! They always get hurt when someone important is watching and then you feel even more awful because you're worried that they think you're a neglectful parent. Yuck. Those last two pictures (before the peeps one) are too funny!! Seriously CUTE boys!!

journeytojohanssontown said...

Your a good mom though for taking him to the doctor. It shows you care. And speaking of getting big, Henry is getting so big.

Michelle said...

You are a great mom! It looks like Thomas didn't even remember he got shots by the smile on his face with chocolate everywhere! It was so fun watching him play on his slide! What a little performer! (Even though it is through the computer.) I love the peeps picture!!!

Marisa said...

It looks like you made up for the shots with a really yummy cake! He is no worse for the wear -- he won't remember, I promise!!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Looks like a fun b-day to me! I think you're a great mom! I would've thought the same thing. Just don't tell him about it when he's older or he'll rub it in your face! Can't believe how big you're boys are getting! They're def. gonna be ladies men:)

Angela Montgomery said...

You are a great mom! i was laughing hard reading it though cuz that's just how life goes. You made it up to him with the Chuck-e-cheese fun & b-day cake & presents. He's lucky to have you