I took Thomas to an Easter egg hunt this morning at Saint Louis University. He liked to carry the basket all around. He wasn't quite sure what to do at first, but once I showed him that he was supposed to pick up eggs and put them in his basket, he had it down. He was racing around scooping up eggs. After all the eggs were gone, we went and waited in line to see the Easter bunny. He was very patient. It's fun to see his attention span and his patience increase as he's getting older. Maybe because it's a furry bunny and not a scary old man, but Thomas did much better with the Easter bunny than with Santa Claus. He stared at the bunny the whole time he sat on his lap. He was quite intrigued. Thomas decided that we needed to stop and play on a bench on the way back to the car. I think he just wanted to pose for more pictures.After Mommy woke up after working all night, it was time to dye some eggs. At first, Thomas held the eggs in the dye with his hand. You can see where he was holding the blue egg (the white spots.) At least he had a good grip. I think he had lots of fun dyeing the eggs.
After the Easter egg hunt, Thomas decided that he needed to carry his basket around all day. In fact, he took it to the store when I took him and Henry grocery shopping. He ended up leaving the basket in the car, but he made sure to bring his sunglasses in with him. The contents of his basket increased throughout the day. The sunglasses were part of the array. At one time today, Thomas found an old beanie and his Mommy's sunglasses and strutted around the house. I think it works for him. :)
4 weeks ago

4 comments:
Cute!!! I don't think you had to look at the white spots on the egg to see what he had done ha ha has the dye come out of his hands?? He looked like he had so much fun! I love that little guy so much!
Thanks for including video. It makes me feel more like I'm not missing out on all of his fun. I'm glad that he liked the bunny. He is such a fun kid! I miss all of you so much! Happy Easter
How much fun! I remember the first time I took travis on an egg hunt - he picked up one, stopped, sat down and started to open it. That was the only egg he got!
Happy birthday, Thomas!
I think he got more dye on his hand than he did on the egg!! That is so dang funny! I love that about him. I'm glad the easter bunny didn't scare him. I remember I was traumatized by the easter bunny when I was three. Thanks a lot mom!
Post a Comment