Monday, March 9, 2009

Henry's Blessing

It's been a while since I've posted. It's my spring break, and Aubree was able to arrange her work schedule, so we flew in to Utah on Thursday for a week of fun with family and friends. Henry turned two months old yesterday. We figured that being in Utah would give us the perfect opportunity to bless Henry with family. We spent the weekend at my Mom's house and were able to see lots of family. On Sunday, we blessed Henry in my Mom's church after the block meetings had ended. My brother Kyle also received the Melchizedec priesthood right before Henry's blessing and was then able to stand in the circle for the blessing. After the blessing, we had everyone over to my Mom's house for a party. There were lots of people that came, and we're grateful for everyone who could make it. The food was great, and the afternoon was lots of fun. Since we'll be away from most of our family and friends when Thomas turns 2 next month, we celebrated a little early. He blew out the candles on a Thomas the Train cake that his Grammie made. Thomas had a lot of fun having so many people around. He definitely knows how to work a crowd. It was a great weekend.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

8 comments:

Amber said...

I am so glad you guys came out! It was so much fun to see you and come down for the weekend. Thanks for bringing your cute kids! I kinda like them!! Love you guys.

mckenna said...

How fun! I wish I could make it to Utah for a visit. I don't even live more than a few hours away, but we still can't get there. :( Stupid weather and bad roads.

Marisa said...

What beautiful families you both have! All the boys are as handsome ever and the girls are beeuuutiful :) I wish we could have been there -- thanks for sharing your happy moments with us! we love you!

Anonymous said...

That was a good day! Love you guys and am so proud of you!!

The Teeples Times said...

My mom said the blessing was great, wish we could have been there. It was great to talk to you the other day on the phone. Call anytime!

Blake and Courtney said...

So fun! Wish we could have been there! Glad yall had fun.

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful day for you. It was so wonderful having you with us. I miss you already. Love you.

Angela Montgomery said...

Looks like u had a fun Spring Break too!