Well, I made it through my first night back to work on Sunday. It was rough, I missed my boys (all three of them) and I missed going to sleep at night (even if I am unable to sleep through the night, at least I sleep.) But, it was nice to see other adults again and to help other women with labor.
I will have to admit that while I am at home with the boys I don't get out very much. It's just too hard with a baby and a toddler. Not to mention trying to be available to breast feed one of them on top of that! And there is nap times and just being exhausted from no sleep myself... I just don't get out. So, in a way work was a nice break from all of that.
And I'm glad to say that Michael survived his first night with the boys too! I do have to mention, however, that Michael was up all night as well writing a paper. He then spent all of Monday at school, which means I was up with the boys. Which also means that as soon as Thomas went to bed Monday night at 8pm, so did we!
We slept hard through the night. Thomas somehow took all of his clothes and diaper off during the night and peed all over the place. Michael cleaned it all up, including changing his sheets and putting a diaper and jammies back on Thomas. When I asked Michael the next morning why the sheets and Thomas' jammies had been changed he had no recollection of it. Kind of scary don't you think?
But, we are all still alive and that's all that matters!
*Side note: While I was at work I sat at the nurses station charting, while listening to a lady in her room, just across from the nurses station, (whose door was shut) scream through the pains of natural labor herself. While I listened to her I wondered to myself, "Did I sound like that when I was in labor?" "Was I that loud too for everyone to hear?" I reasoned with myself that I was not. I came home from work and asked my husband if I was indeed loud and screamed while I was pushing. He responded my saying, "no." Then he proceeded to make the same grunt/scream noise that I had heard from the lady the night before. :0)
How embarrassing, I guess I didn't keep my pain and agony all to myself!! Oh well, at least I did it!
3 months ago

12 comments:
When Aubree asked if she screamed during labor, there was no way in my mind that she was serious. So, I answered "no" to continue the sarcasm. To convince her that she actually did scream, I had to imitate what I heard. Apparently it matched what she heard at work and was convinced.
Who cares if you screamed! You're allowed to when you don't have drugs!!
That's awesome! How was having your baby natural, anyway? I can't believe the story about Thomas...too funny!! Get some more rest.
I am so glad Deanne and Michelle and Maddie came out to visit - how fun. What a sweetie Michael is - he did a great job on Valentine's and cleaning up Thomas - he's a keeper!! I worked after I had Dallin and I remember feeling torn - like I wanted to be at home, yet I liked having adult intereaction. I too can relate to the difficulties of trying to get out. One wasn't so bad, but 2 or 3 is another story. I would love to chat, but I don't have your phone number. Mine is 973-347-0565. Let me know yours. Take care and I hope you get some sleep soon!
Thomas is such a little character! I love him! I'm glad you are able to enjoy work even with such little sleep! Love ya!
Thomas is such a little character! I love him! I'm glad you are able to enjoy work even with such little sleep! Love ya!
I posted that twice accidently. :)
I will pray that your cute little chunky guy will decide to sleep more than 3 hours at a time during the night. It sounds like you need more sleep. Good luck with that. We can't wait to see you next week. I promise to let you nap if you'll let me play with the boys. :)
I think we could hear the screams that day coming with the wind from the East. I'll imitate it when you're here to see if it matches. ;-)
Can't wait to see you guys and to meet Henry!
You are amazing! Working AND being an amazing mom of 2 little ones. How do you do it?! Keep up the hard work sister. Maybe oneday I can come babysit 4 you when you go on a hot date.
It is wierd to me too that we dco things at night that we don't remember in the morning, too bad I can't clean in my sleep that would be nice to wake up and have my house spotless.
oh man that is such a funny post. I don't how you do it all! You are an amazing mom and wife! Way to go Aubree!
Post a Comment