Sunday, February 8, 2009

Henry Michael Cooper is 1 month old

The following is photos from Henry's 1st month of life... here's what you've missed.




I can't believe I have been the mother of two for an entire month now! Man how time flies. I'd forgotten how small their clothes are when they are newborns and how tender their cries are. Henry is a big grunter, I don't believe Thomas grunted like Henry does. It is so nice to cuddle a little buddy. They fit so well in your arms and lay across your chest so easily. Aww!!

Thomas has been very tender with his little brother. Whenever Thomas hears Henry cry, he stops whatever he is doing and gets this sweet look on his face and says, "Oh baby." He's carried that on to his parent's too. When he wants one of us, or really wants one of us to do something he'll say, "Oh mommy" or "Oh daddy." It's really super cute. Thomas loves to give his brother kisses. It's been so amazing to see the love in little children at such a young age. He's also started patting his little brother and stroking his head when he is upset. :0)

As for sleep it's really good between midnight and about 3:30 or 4am. After that he's up every half hour or so to eat. I swear this kid thinks he's going to miss a meal if he doesn't. Either that or he's slowly making his food storage in chub of his cheeks!

The first month has been hard recovering from surgery. I feel I missed out on some things. And I'm sad that I'll be back to work in just 2 more weeks. But it has also been lots of fun. Michael and I joke that Henry slept away the first 4 weeks of his life because he was enjoying so many of mommy's pain killers. :0) But, we've both woken up and are almost back to normal. So anyways, sorry for the lack of posts over the past month. That's why. They'll be coming more frequently now.

7 comments:

mckenna said...

Happy one month birthday little boy!! They change SO MUCH in that first month! It's just crazy!!

Brianne said...

He is so cute Aubree. I can't believe that he is already 1 month old. Where does the time goes. Kids grow up too fast. It makes me sad that Makayla will be 3 in May and Alexa is almost 5 months old.

Amber said...

Oh little Hank is already growing up so fast!! I love how Tank kisses him. How tender!! Cute pictures. Can't wait to see you in a month!!

Michelle said...

I LOVE THE PICTURES! I am SOOOO excited to meet Henry in 3 days! I am excited to see you and your boys!

Marisa said...

Aubree & Michael, the boys are both adorable! I miss those days with sweet little kisses and baby smell :) There is a package in the mail - the wrapped pkg is for Hank and the unwrapped prize is for big brother Tank -- be careful cutting the pkg open . . . let me know when it arrives!

Angela Montgomery said...

one month already. Time flies. I wish we could come visit and play with you guys & the baby!

The Teeples Times said...

What a handsome little fella he is!! I'm glad your mom was able to be there to help. You said surgery...did you have a c-section? I did and I personally think they're HE__. The first 6 weeks of my kids' lives are a blur - it's just survival mode. I hope he sleeps more...and SOON! Take care - give me a call if you get a chance - 973-347-0565.