Monday, March 16, 2009

I need help!!

So, if you haven't gathered in a few of the past posts but I have a stripper at my house. My little boy really enjoys taking his clothes and diaper off every time we put him down for a nap or for bedtime. We resorted to taping his diaper on with duck tape every time we put him down and we've even safety pinned his jammies shut... but to no avail he continues to succeed in the stripping department.

This wouldn't be so bad if he was potty trained- cause hey! Who am I to decide if my kid has to wear all the clothes all the time, no harm done... except there is harm done. Lots!

Last night we put the regular tape around his diaper and safety pinned his jammies. This morning we woke up to our son naked with poop and urine all over him. He had taken his diaper off and then went number 1 AND 2 in his crib. then layed in it. I need help!! Any suggestions to keeping this kid's diaper on? I mean seriously, I'm running out of ideas!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

Wow, Aubree, that is one challenge I never had with any of mine. Jared was a houdini in a car seat so we had to twist the straps around so he couldn't wiggle out, but I never had a stripper! Do you just duct tape the front or do you run the tape all the way around his waist? If I hear any brilliant solutions, I will definitely let you know! Love you guys!

mckenna said...

I have no real answers. Do you guys react when he does it? Maybe not making a big deal of it would make him realize it's not all that exciting? Or maybe it's just one of those phases he has to grow out of? I really don't know. Payson went through it too, and at first I thought it meant she was ready to potty train...that was a mistake. I don't know what to tell ya. But good luck!!

Todd & Chelsea said...

Sorry I don't have any solutions either...except beating him. HAHA jk. Just wanted to say the blessing pics are so cute and thanks for calming some of my crazy fears! Even though my sister, mom AND best friend are nurses (two of which are OB nurses) I never really believe what they say cuz I think they're just trying to tell me what I want to hear! So thank-you it really helped! And thank you both for your nice comments:)

Semi Granola Mom said...

We had to resort to pinning to, do you pin it through the zipper? Even then, Jasmin still got out, since she is a little thing and could fit through the neck hole... but we never had the diaper taking off issue, only clothes. Good luck.
~C

Kylee said...

So I don't know if you already do this or not, but I had to resort to onesies. My kids can't unsnap the buttons underneath so they can only strip down to the onesie. Another good idea might be the feetie pajamas with the zipper that goes all the way up, and then pin the zipper up. Good luck! Hopefully it is just a short phase.

Anonymous said...

Aubree, My mom used to have the same problem with my little sister- she would put jammies on backwards. Sounds funny but I believed it worked for her. Good luck.

Amber said...

Just let him be naked. :)

Stephanie said...

Okay, I just went through this!!! This is what I did when Jackson did this, yes I used duct tape and taped a band around the entire top of the diaper, not just a strip, then put overalls on him, even at night, they usually can't undo these- if he can, put them on backwards so the hooks are on his back, there is no way he can take those off then, also try to find the overalls without buttons up the legs, Target had some a few weeks ago and old navy usually does. During the day at home I would let him take his clothes off all he wants- but the diaper he just gave up trying to take off with the duct tape. It only lasted about 2-3 weeks about and he hasn't gone back to it! Hopefully it works for Thomas! It worked great for Jackson.

Angela Montgomery said...

Naked time, naked time. Sorry sister that sucks. My only thoughts were onesie. Or just plastic wrap the mattress and let him lay in it naked. SICK. Sounds like potty training time is coming. You got your hands full. Wish I could come help!