
I have been waiting all season to take Thomas to see Santa until when Michael was done with finals and could come too. So, the other night after his last final we bundled up and faced the cold rain to see Santa at the mall. We found the line and waited and waited for like 30 minutes to see Santa. Thomas had a blast in the line. He made two girlfriends and had fun hiding in the corners with them. (He's the one in front in brown with the snow hat gloves on. We could not get him to take them off!!)


He didn't seem to be afraid of them, they were strangers weren't they?

It's almost our turn... we get up to Santa after much waiting and Thomas falls apart!! He didn't want anything to do with this jolly man, also a stranger. They tried for a good five minutes. They had Michael sit by him and gave him trucks to play with, but anytime Santa came near we could see that our efforts were in vain and finally decided to leave.

Thomas was so hot after his tantrum with Santa that I decided I had to do something to cool him off, so I took his snow hat off. Which ended up in another tantrum. We distracted him with the toy car rides at the mall. He had lots of fun climbing in and out of them for 15 minutes. Michael and I grabbed beverages and also cooled down. Chasing after him for 30 minutes in line made both of us tired and hot. After we were all rejuvenated we went home without any Santa pictures. Hopefully next year will be better. Merry Christmas!!
4 comments:
That's okay. Next year he is going to show his little brother just how the santa experience works like an old pro. He looks adorable and his girlfriends are cute too. Love you.
that's too bad. Dallin was the same way at that age. But hey, who needs Santa when you've got new girlfriends??
Oh my heck, what a stud. He seems pretty good at picking up girls with those looks and charm. I'm sure he'll warm up to santa eventually. Love you guys a ton!
I know that experience must have been frustrating for you and Michael, but reading about it made me laugh out loud. I love that little guy. He is so spunky and cute!
Post a Comment