Aubree prefers that I keep my thoughts about news and politics out of this blog, but with Super Tuesday fast approaching, I just wanted to encourage everyone to head to the polls tomorrow and let your voice be heard.
I'm registered as an unaffiliated voter, so I'm precluded from the Republican primary. Not that it matters. The Republicans have a winner take all format for their primary in Utah tomorrow. I seriously doubt that anyone will come close to Mitt Romney, so he might as well count those delegates as his. Fortunately, the Utah Democratic party allows unaffiliated voters to cast a ballot in their primary. Their format gives a portion of the state's delegates to each candidate proportionate to their percentage of the vote. I've had a hard time deciding between Clinton and Obama. I think I've come to a decision, and I will most likely vote for Obama tomorrow. I read a post by Jeffrey K. Tulis on Balkinization that really kind of tipped the scales for me. Here's the link, if you're interested.
I'll leave it at that, and just say, happy voting!
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
I am for sure voting tomorrow! I think I am going to vote for Obama also. I watched the democratic debate the other day. That helped me decide.
Word. I'm leaning the same way. I tried to start reading that Balkinization post but couldn't. You see, I haven't slept in 38 hours. But I've saved it. I'd suggest for also for anyone interested that they check out this column, written by one of my absolute favorite writers: http://www.newsweek.com/id/78157
I wish I could vote...
On a different note, congrats on Georgetown. I happen to be wearing my Gtown shirt right now. That would be awesome if you went there.
I feel so duped. I thought that link was going to be about the Balkans. Imagine my disappointment. You have to admit that this year is the most interesting political year in memory. So, the political comments are very interesting. BUT, PLEASE, PLEASE, MORE PICTURES OF THOMAS!!!!! please......
Post a Comment