Friday, December 21, 2007

Winter Wonderland

What a storm! I don't particularly like snow storms. If I'm skiing, they're great. The funny thing is, even though this seems to have been the biggest storm of the season, I didn't really mind it. It was kind of fun. I think part of that has to do with the fact that it got sunny soon after the snow stopped. This facilitated the shoveling process because the snow on the driveway was kind of melting and was softer where the sun was shining.

In addition to a more enjoyable shoveling experience, Lizzy also helped to lift my spirits. Lizzy had a really good time in the snow.However, she didn't like playing alone, so she went and asked Abree from next door if her best friends in the world, Hank and Penny, could come and play.
Abree said yes, and they had a good time together.
After playing so hard today, Lizzy is beat. She was just laying by me, but she left. I got worried after a couple of minutes because she has developed a taste for Christmas treats. For some reason, withing the last week, Lizzy has decided that it's okay to stand up with her front paws on the counter and eat whatever food she can reach. I went to make sure that she wasn't doing this again, and I found her lounging. She made herself comfortable.
While Lizzy was playing, Thomas was happy at breakfast. He liked to look out the window at the snow in the trees. Besides, we couldn't have a post without a picture of Thomas, so here it is.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Tank looks kind of like a grasshopper in this picture! A cute grasshopper at that!! His big eyes are just adorable and I love him to death!

Nana said...

Maddie had fun with Lizzy while you guys were away, although I am sure Lizzy missed her playmates. Those are fun pictures.