Friday, December 21, 2007

Amnesia

When I was a young girl, I read a book entitled, Amnesia. That was my first introduction to the disease that some how clogs all your memories into a deep dark pit to the point that you totally forget that they were ever there. Well, this week I am professionlly diagnosing myself this awful, embarrassing disease. I am a nurse you know! And in the process I am going to give a shout out to my amazing husband that has had to suffer through it with me.

Let's see, Wednesday I locked my keys, wallet and purse in the trunk of my car in the middle of Sugarhouse shopping parking lot. Michael had to leave work at 3:3 to come save me and Thomas from the coldness of the out doors.

Yesterday while I was visiting teaching I somehow managed to drop my phone on the sidewalk on my way out of the apartment complex. Fortunately, someone in the ward stopped by right after us and picked up the phone and were able to notify us that I dropped and where we could pick it up. (Michael picked up at their house for me, yet again.)

Last Saturday and again today I forget to bring my badge to work. Doe! How I was expecting to clock in and out and get through all the safety/privacy doors I am not sure. My poor husband, both times, again had to come save me and bring me my badge. I felt especially bad about this morning with the bad snow storm and having to bundly bug up.

I am sure there is more amnesia moments that I have forgotten. But, I can't remember them because I have amnesia. Sorry. And thanks again honey for sticking with me through all my forgetful moments, I know that it is tough!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to have such a great husband! I'm sure that your mind is just on lots of other things!

Amber said...

Remember in high school how you locked your keys in your car so many times that you had the police department on speed dial. Just think, if you knew Michael then than you wouldn't have had to call the police so much! What a wonderful husband you have. You can tell he sure does love you, even though you have amnesia!