When I logged onto the computer to post about my silly puppy, I also checked my email. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular, but I saw an email from Anne Richards. She is the dean of admissions at George Washington University Law School. I was very intrigued because I had received a card in the mail when my application there was complete to notify me of that fact, and on the card, it said that I would be notified of my admission decision through the mail. Well, when I opened the email from Anne, it informed me that I had been accepted to GW Law.
That's right. I got in to GW Law!
That's the good part. Things didn't go exactly as I had hoped. I had applied through GW's early decision program. It was a binding decision meaning that if I was accepted through early decision, I had committed to attend, but a full tuition scholarship was also attached to early decision acceptance. I was informed that I have been admitted through the regular decision process. This means that I didn't get the scholarship. I'm still eligible for other, less lucrative scholarships, but I won't know how that turns out for a couple months. This also means that I'm not bound to go to GW. I really like what I've seen with GW. That's why I decided to apply early decision. However, I've realized that a big factor in that decision was the scholarship. I'm still very excited about GW, but we're not making any final decisions until I hear back from the other schools and I can compare financial aid offers, and whatnot.
All in all, though, this was very good news. This is very glass half full. At the least, I know that I'm going to law school in the fall. You never know, I could have been rejected everywhere.
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
Congratulations Michael!! I am so excited and happy for you. It actually never occurred to me that you wouldn't be accepted by GW because you are one of the smartest, most-prepared-for-law school people that I know. :) Good luck in the decision making process.
Here's the thing Michael... here's the thing... You getting into George's school is fabulous, and really I am more than happy for you, BUT just remember that if you go there, you might have to wear one of those amazing white curly wigs... just think about it. You might look good in it though, you never know! Congrats!
OHMYHECK! Congratulations! I think it is awesome that you got in! I have some very smart siblings!
Post a Comment