Sunday, October 21, 2007

Scratches

Aubree is at work tonight, so Thomas and I have been able to hang out, just the boys. Actually, I haven't seen much of him. I gave him a bath soon after Aubree left for her 7pm shift. He was asleep withing a few minutes of finishing his bath and getting dressed. He ate a lot at dinner, but I guess that wasn't enough to last him through the night. He just woke up, and I fed him a bottle. The real point of this post has to do with our feeding time together. Thomas has discovered that things have different textures and has taken to scratching anything within reach. He rubs his fingertips against any surface by closing his fist. He subsequently opens his fist and repeats this process, usually pretty quickly. While I was feeding him his bottle, his little body was cuddled up next to mine, and his left arm was underneath my right arm and extended to the edge of my back. While he stared at me with his big blue eyes, his little hand was going wild feeling the texture of my shirt.

It really is amazing how fast he is growing. This past month especially, it seems like he's picked up on a lot of things developmentally. (I'm sure we've said that at the end of each month, but it really is true.) It's been really fun to watch and be a part of. I just love him so much!

It sounds like he didn't exactly reach a deep sleep after our little feeding, so I'm going to go and get him. I think we're going to have a sleepover in my bed tonight. :)

1 comments:

Amber said...

I hope your sleepover went well. I love to sleep with him! He is so cute and cuddly!