Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jack-O-Lantern Joy

Yesterday evening, everyone except Lizzy went down to hang out with Aubree's sisters. Aubree picked me up from work and we stopped at Albertsons to pick up some pumpkins. We found some really nice ones. We got down there and started a pumpkin carving party. We were very meticulous about separating the seed from the squash because I made everyone be very meticulous. We cooked the seeds after we were done carving our pumpkins. They turned out pretty good, but I might be biased. It was lots of fun, overall.

Thomas wanted to help.
I'm helping Cami cut her lid.
Everyone is having so much fun.
Megan was a little confused. She didn't realize we had to separate the seed and cook them before eating them.
Here is the pattern that I used. I'd like to claim that I came up with the image by myself, but it just isn't the case.

Amber came a little late, but she was very efficient and finished at about the same time.

Here we are with our finished products.


Here are the masterpieces once they were lit. I was quite impressed, to be honest.
This one was mine.
This one was Aubree's.
Here we are shaking the seeds to cover them in olive oil and spices before cooking.






















2 comments:

Amber said...

If I could pick one pumpkin to be my favorite, it would be the one that said, "Wicked!" I think the reason I liked it best was because I made it!! Thanks for inviting me and thanks for the pumpkin. I had a grand time!

Michelle said...

Cool pumkins! You guys did a awesome job! Those pictures are really cute. I am excited to babysit Thomas tomorrow.