Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thomas's Water Youtube Fun

Maybe I'm not really with it when it comes to some technology. I've never really been super interested in YouTube. I only just created a username on Facebook, but I have no idea how to use it. Maybe it's just that I'm not that with it when it comes to hip technology. Oh well.

Aubree and I got a camcorder for Christmas 2006. It's a HDD camcorder. I just barely downloaded all of the video from the camcorder to my computer for the first time. Partly that's because we now have more memory, so it's now technologically possible. Partly, though, is that I just hadn't made it a priority. It would have been so awful, however, to lose the wonderful video we have. Come on. It's Thomas's first year on there. We haven't posted any video from our camcorder on this blog yet because the file sizes are too large, and Blogger has a limit when you use its video service. One other option is to post the video to YouTube and embed the html code on the blog. I've finally taken the time to figure out how to do that, so here is the first of hopefully many great videos. Thomas really had lots of fun!

As a side note, I realize that I wrote "Thomas's," which I used to think would be wrong, but I'm reading a grammar book right now called THE ELEMENTS OF STYLE, and apparently, when forming the possesive singular of a noun, an 's is used, regardless of the last letter of the noun. So, "Thomas's" it is.

Anyway, enjoy the video.



As a point of reference, Thomas is 14 months old. As you can see, he completely has the ability to stand and walk, but he's just refused to do so thus far. He's a really fast crawler, and I think he just doesn't want to give up the speed and stability of crawling for walking yet. He'll get there, though.

5 comments:

Breeann said...

It is so funny how the littlest things will entertain a child. I love that he is standing and doesn't realize it. McKinley used to do that while she was playing with her toys but as soon as we would praise her or take notice she would stop. I look forward to more entertaining video.

Amber said...

I loved this cute little video! He seriously was fascinated by the water. Maybe you should use it as a reward to get him to walk towards it. You never know... it could work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me smile...that was adorable. I could watch him all day. Wait, I am watching him all day on Wednesday aren't I? Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I know it was really lame. Love ya.

The Teeples Times said...

Water is so fun for kids! I love the video above of him laughing, it is so precious! Dallin didn't walk until he was 15 mos. old, so don't worry - actually, you should enjoy it! Next thing you know, they're running, and you're chasing.

Kyle Cooper said...

Oh, Elements of Style. Strunk and White are demigods.