Tuesday, June 10, 2008

San Diego (Part 1)

We're in San Diego right now with my family. My whole family is here as well as my uncle James' family. My family drove down, but Aubree, Thomas, and I flew down on Sunday night because Thomas just can't really handle a 13 hour drive. While we were at the airport, Thomas wanted to show off his climbing skills. He started climbing up his stroller all the way to the top. His stroller was next to the ticketing counter, and he even tried to climb from his stroller to the counter. After we landed in San Diego, we were waiting on the plane for the people in front of us to get off. Thomas decided that he wanted to hang from the overhead compartment. He grabbed the bottom ledge, and wouldn't let go. I let go of him, and he hung there all by himself. He then wanted to do pullups. He was definitely the center of attention there at the back of the plane. I think he's a monkey. (So does he!)


On Monday, we went to Sea World. It was lots of fun.



On Tuesday, we went towards the city center and at at The Fish Market and then saw the USS Midway. It's a decommisioned aircraft carrier. Lunch was really good. I had some sea bass from the Sea of Cortez. Yummy! The USS Midway was amazing. The enormity was breathtaking. The complexity truly is an engineering marvel. It was really amazing. After the aircraft carrier, we walked down the bay a little to a little shopping area called Seaport Village. It had lots of fun little shops, including a hat store where we had lots of fun. Thomas really likes hats, so he was a little sad to leave that store. To finish our time at Seaport Village, Thomas, Aubree, and I rode the carousel. Thomas was really excited to when the ride started, but things changed by the end. He may have still been excited, but he was too tired to show it. He fell asleep right on the carousel. He was so, so sleepy. I don't think there is a cuter boy in the whole world.

4 comments:

Amber said...

It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun! I could definitely use a San Diego vacation about now! I am so jealous!! Don't worry though, while you are playing, I am in the fourth grade telling kids to wear deodorant because they are STINKY!

Amber said...

p.s. I LOVE the sweet picture of you and Michael kissing just like that giant model. That is so tender! And Thomas is adorable as ever. I miss him :(

journeytojohanssontown said...

How fun to take a trip. I can't belive how big thomas is since I say him last. Also I got your message about the party. It will need to be in July for me. If that is good I will call you and we can plan it.

Katie said...

what a great trip you had. i'm a titch jealous! aubree- i leave this weekend. it has been crazy the past couple of weeks but especially this week because i have been flying solo with my 2 kids. my husband is already in denver. he started his job on monday and that left me here to tie up all of the lose ends. everyone is coming today to move us and i am not mentally ready but who cares...
anyway- i hope everything is going well for you... and that you are enjoying your summer! :) love ya!
-kt