Saturday, June 14, 2008

San Diego (Part 2)

Our trip to San Diego is coming to an end. Our flight leaves in a couple of hours, and Thomas is taking a nap before heading home, so I have a few minutes to fill you in on the end of our trip.

On Thursday, I went to the US Open. Aubree stayed back with Thomas and about half the family. The US Open was really amazing. I enjoyed the seeing the greatest players and experiencing the whole atmosphere. Those who stayed back went to the beach that day. Unfortunately, all electronics were prohibited from the US Open. We couldn't even take our cell phones. We had to pass through metal detectors prior to getting on the buses at Qualcomm stadium that took us to the course. We do have a couple beach pictures, though.




On Friday, we went to the beach with my brother Cory and my cousin Ian. It was so much fun. Thomas had a really good time playing in the sand. I had a lot of fun playing in the surf. After a while, Ian and I decided to walk down the beach to find some boogie-boards to rent. Once we found them, we had lots of fun playing in the waves. Aubree thinks I'm a little boy when I play like that. I just like to have fun.




The other thing we found out this trip is that Thomas likes big people food. He at a whole egg roll the other night. He's had no problem eating pizza. He's enjoyed eating cocktail shrimp. To top it all off, we've discovered that Thomas really likes pickles. He had some at lunch on Wednesday, and he ate a whole pickle slice today at lunch. I personally think pickles are disgusting, so he definitely got this one from his mom.

4 comments:

Semi Granola Mom said...

ha! That is hilarious, Jasmin loves pickles too and Steve can't stand the smell let alone the taste. Must be a mommy thing :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, and Aubree got that from her grandpa Hirsche...he loved pickles with every meal. :) I loved your post Michael and am so glad that you had such a fun vacation. Thomas looks adorable. He has grown so much since I left and I really missed him (and all of you) I can't wait to play with him tomorrow.

The Teeples Times said...

He is so, so darling!! It looks like he had a wonderful time in the sand. It is so nice when they start eating "big people food", then you could just mash up what you're eating and feed it to him.

Stephanie said...

oh he is so dang cute!