Somehow Michael and I are having a hard time keeping a regular sleeping schedule. It starts on Sunday night, I work Sunday night and Michael usually saves a lot of his homework for Sunday night from the weekend which keeps him up most if not all of Sunday night.
He goes to school all day Monday which means that I am up all day with Thomas while he is at work... both of us with ZERO sleep from the night before. So, by 7pm we're both exhausted. We put Thomas to bed and both go to bed ourselves at 7:00pm.
Michael usually has lots of homework for Tuesday which means that by 1-2am he is awake again doing his homework for Tuesday and that by 3am I have had a good 8 hours of sleep and I am ready to wake up again for the day. So I get up and pay bills, clean house, read, etc.
And the vicious cycle goes on and on... we're tired again by 7 or 8pm for getting up so early and go to bed only to wake up in the middle of the night to study or whatever else I do because we've had a full night sleep.
It's kind of torturous... and I can see that although it is working for us, it is becoming a problem. The dogs are awake when we are which means we are interrupting their sleep. But, more importantly Thomas is waking up in the middle of the night wanting to play because he sees lights on and hears us up. So he plays for a while and then goes back to bed.
I just don't know what to do about it... but, I thought I'd vent about our little problem to whomever would listen. And invite any other night owls out there to come party at our house between 2 and 7 am. We'll be up!!!
4 weeks ago

3 comments:
I'm glad I read this post before I left...I am definately going to bring some earplugs and an eyemask. :) Love ya.
You crazy kids. I can do the 5-7am time. That's when I wake up to do some extra studying and get ready and everything. But I still go 2 bed anywhere between 8:30-11 depending on how early I woke up and if I had clinicals that day! I love the pics of Thomas coloring. So cute! Good luck w/ur crazy sleep schedule
What a crazy schedule. I think I would constantly feel sleep deprived. It is good you don't have any bigger kids who have to go to school right now. I have students who are late coming to school becaue their parents were in bed and didn't get them to school. Miss you all. Love the pictures of Thomas coloring. I can't wait to see him when you come.
Post a Comment