It's been a really long time since we've posted here. Things have been really, really busy. That's not likely change much in the next month, either. But, I have a quick post I would like to share. I think that Aubree is working on a post that will be coming shortly, so you can look forward to that. (At least I thought I saw her doing that, but it may have been a dream. I'm honestly not sure.)
I like to cook, when I have the time. Thomas really likes to help me cook, too. He always runs in to his room and brings out his little stool so he can reach the counter. In fact, he's standing at the counter right now waiting for the macaroni to finish cooking for mac and cheese. We have the other ingredients waiting on the counter for when the pasta is ready. Despite the quantity of times that I've told Thomas not to touch the butter, he can't seem to keep his hands off. This brings me to the real point of this post.
Aubree and I call each other "Honey." I know it's a little cliche, but it's what just naturally happened.
I guess we must do it a lot.
Thomas has stopped calling me Daddy most of the time because, to him, I am now "Honey!" For a while, I didn't know what he was saying because it sounds somewhat similar to how he says Henry. I didn't understand why he would call me Henry and it just perplexed me until one day I realized that my son was calling me "Honey." It's usually when he asked me what something is and says, "What's that, Honey?" The reason I'm posting about it now is that he keeps asking me what butter is, and each time, he calls me Honey.

4 comments:
Honey, that is HILARIOUS! That is really cute! I just love how little kids pick up words and things from watching their parents. Now you know not to use bad words in front of him. Since you use bad words anyway... :)
When I borrowed your GPS device, it called me 'Honey Bunny' ........
So, I guess Thomas is just perpetuating a time honored Cooper tradition of calling your dad Honey?
haha!! We had a similar experience when watching my neice for a few hrs. She kept calling Todd babe!
Post a Comment