Saturday, November 14, 2009

ACORNS

Disclaimer: I have posted several posts for you pleading blog stalkers, but have dated them when they occurred. So, please scroll back far and don't be confused by the dates. :0)

Acorns: I bet some of you are wondering why on earth I would put gigantic acorns on my blog. I have gotten to know these little things better then I ever wanted to. I have them all over my yard, car and driveway.

I use to think of them as cute little sources of food for squirrels and such. They had the cute nut hat and everything. ICE AGE also made them popular with their little squirrel rat thing that chases after one randomly throughout their movies.

This fall, however, I have learned what a nuisance they really are... falling off trees and making messes all over your yard. AND they don't even taste good, trust me I've tried one... hey! I was curious. Oh well. Now, they forever hold a special place in my life.

Love,


ACORN hater-lover

2 comments:

becca said...

i like the acorns on your blog...cute! but do hate them in real life, too.

The Teeples Times said...

I'm so glad to see you posted..I was about to call and check in with you two!! Love the acorn story..geez!! Your boys' Halloween costumes are so cute!! Happy 25 Birthday - you're still a young spring chicken!! Glad to see you're alive and doing well!!