Monday, August 18, 2008

Still Alive

I know most of you think we have dropped off the edge of the earth, but we're still here. We still don't have internet access at our house. There was like a 2-3wk waiting list. So, wednesday is the big day. Tonight I drove out to the public library because it was driving me crazy not to be on the internet!! So here I am sitting in the library. :0)

The move went really well, I don't have anything to complain about, except for the cost of it all. Also, the good news is that I don't hate St. Louis. I don't love it, but it's growing on me. I'm kind of having fun taking it all in, and getting use to my new environment.

People here are friendly, and TOMTOM has been my lifesaver!! I LOVE you TOM!! So, yeah that is it in a nut shell. Again, I'll post pics when I have my own internet up at my house.

Thanks for all your help with the move and your comments that uplift my spirits as I adjust. You are all more than welcome to come visit at anytime. Our door is always open to visitors.

Side note, I had to start work 2 days after I arrived here in St. Louis and it has been a long 7 days of orientation, but everyone seems friendly enough. The downer I found out though is that since I will have worked at my job for under a year when I have the baby, I will only receive 6wks maternity leave according to FMLA. That sucks, I was really looking forward to 12 weeks. What do you do?

I know this post is kind of random, but the library computer is telling me I only have less than a minute left of my turn so I must go. But, keep in touch. Let me know you are still alive too. Love to all!!

7 comments:

mckenna said...

Glad you're still kicking!! And baby is too! :) I miss that. I think it's about the only thing I miss from pregnancy. But I think I can live without it for a while longer!! :) Can't wait to see pictures! Yeah, we're here and Jason is gone. The job is not completely 100% yet, even after three interviews and all of the other junk we've been through. He has to go through a 30 day trial period. We're 99.9% sure it's not going to fall through. Basically you have to be a real screw up not to get on at the end of the thirty days. We just didn't want to put all of our eggs into that basket and then after having paid to move and gone through all the hassle have to do it all again. So I'll be a widow Mon-Fri and Jason will visit whenever he's off for the next month. So far so good, but it's only been one day. We'll see about the rest of the month!!

Anonymous said...

This was a great post. It made me smile. Miss and love you guys!!

The Teeples Times said...

I've been thinking about your little family and hoping the move, the never-ending unpacking, starting work was going well. I am glad to see you're still alive! The first few months after a big move are crazy with trying to organize things, etc. Take time to go do something fun in St. Louis before it gets too cold or Mike's too busy with school. It gets better - I promise. Take care!

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear about your feelings on your move and the baby's as well. We miss you like crazy and are trying hard to get the webcam up and running. Keep your fingers crossed. Love you~Kiss Tank for me!!

Anonymous said...

It was great to hear about your feelings on your move and the baby's as well. We miss you like crazy and are trying hard to get the webcam up and running. Keep your fingers crossed. Love you~Kiss Tank for me!!

Anonymous said...

I know you have all been super busy with the move, the wedding, etc. Lon said Thomas is adorable and I wish I could have been there with everyone. Lon is STILL not home because of Tropical Storm Fay -- the kids have missed 4 days of school. Our house/neighborhood is fine, but there are some areas of our county that are impassable due to flooding. it is mega wet!!!

Anyway, come to Florida for Thanksgiving, okay?

Love ya!

Aunt Marisa

Breeann said...

Glad to know things are going well. Moving is always tough and I imagine it would be so much harder to move so far away and with out any one or any thing that you know. Thank goodness for the world wide web! Keep us updated, cant wait to see pictures!