I'm writing this from my hotel room in Lincoln, Nebraska. We got the cars packed up and were on our way about 8:15-8:30 yesterday. We planned to leave a little earlier, but you know how things go. Since we left from Centerville, it was closer to go through Ogden canyon than through Parley's canyon to get to Evanston. We got to Wyoming, and then we drove for a really long time. We stopped every couple of hours because we wanted to let the dogs get a bathroom break and to stretch their legs. Oh yeah. We wanted those things, too. We at lunch in Laramie, WY. I don't know what I was expecting, but Laramie was pretty small considering they have a university there. Later in the night, Kyle and I cha-chaed a question about the size of Laramie and other various cities. Laramie only has 27,000 people. The next city of any consequence was Cheyenne. It came an went pretty quickly as well. Not too big. We finally hit Nebraska and lost sight of the mountains. There's lots of corn in Nebraska. I guess they're called cornhuskers for a reason. There really (REALLY) isn't anything until we hit Lincoln, where we stayed last night. With stops, it took us about 14 hours. It's now 7:15 central time, and we're heading out to pack the cars. Then, we'll grab a quick continental breakfast, and we'll be on our way. We want to get to St. Louis fairly early today so that everyone can see the city. After the truck comes tomorrow, we won't have much time to do that. Luckily, it should only be about 8 hours today. I'll post another update as soon as I have internet access again in St. Louis.
4 weeks ago

1 comments:
It's good to hear about your journey! Aubree misses you and so does Tank. He kept saying "dadda... dadda" last night. It was pretty cute!
Post a Comment