Thursday, January 17, 2008

Too dumb for kindergarten....

If my son's pediatrician only knew the trauma she causes to my fragile little mother heart she wouldn't say anything at all. However, she mustn't not know and that is why she has said it. First the stats: Thomas is now 29 1/2 inches tall (90th percentile) 20lbs 10 oz (50th percentile) and his head is in the 20th percentile (I don't remember how many cm it was.) So, he's tall and thin with a little head! :0) That's okay with me.


After the measurements she asked me all the usual questions, how are his motor skills coming along, etc. I said that he could pull himself up on things, but that he hasn't quite figured out crawling. He sits up just fine and can't seem to sit still in your lap, but isn't crawling. She then proceeded to tell me about a study that was done 5 years ago about infants that go straight from sitting to walking without crawling. In this study she said that these babies had a really hard time in kindergarten when they got older. I still haven't found the study, but if anyone does let me know. But, you can imagine how I felt! Having been tested myself and had the opportunity to skip kindergarten I couldn't imagine my little smart guy having problems in kindergarten! So, even more since then don't peek in our windows because you may find Michael and I on our hands and knees trying to teach Thomas to crawl. Funny picture, but I hear it works.





On a different note... because of the freezing cold weather Thomas and I have been sticking to the indoors. We like to play with choo choo trains, climb in dryers, play in laundry baskets and fall in clothes hampers. All of which are very entertaining I might add, and we decided to share our picture of the day with you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aubs, I know that it is hard, but please don't stress over the things that Thomas can or can't do. I promise that he will learn how to do them in his own time and it won't matter when he gets to kindergarten WHEN he learned to do them. You and Michael are wonderful parents. You give little Tank so much love and attention. He is thriving in all areas, trust me! Thanks for posting the adorable pictures and THANK YOU so much for your help with the tree. Love ya~